Why Choose Windsor Montessori
Why are we different ?
- By keeping our class sizes small, We are able to concentrate and care about each individual child's needs.
- In the Windsor Montessori House of Children, we have no more than 6 babies in our baby room, 8 toddlers in the 2 year old classroom and 10 to 12 children in our 3 to 5 year old classroom. In this respect we are very different to many daycare providers in the area, who have 15 to 20 babies and toddlers in one room. This is the view expressed by many parents who visit us.
- Our rooms are bright, airy, clean, spacious and well presented to the children.
- Our room leaders are Montessori qualified experienced and has a passion for what they do.
- We do not operate on a shift working basis as we believe babies and young children, need continuity, in forming emotional attachments. The child's key person welcome the child to the nursery/school and will be present at the hand over time to the parent. This we believe is very important to the child's well being and building the trust and confidence of the parent. We believe this is unique to our provision.
- We are the only Montessori nursery in Windsor providing care and education for babies and young children in providing a unique service for working parents. Working together in a positive partnership, involving parents in their child's holistic development and in organizing social events right throughout the year.
- a happy, secure and a stimulating environment to support your child's growth and development, with the same care giver.
- a place where your child is helped to think and to act for him or her self. To be a self-learner and an independent thinker, from the very beginning.
- a full academic curriculum tailored to the uniqueness of your child.
- Extra curricular activities by professionals.
- Healthy prepared meals.
Why are we special
- Our last Ofsted inspection rated us OUTSTANDING for WMS and GOOD for WMHOC.
- Both our settings are situated in and within beautiful natural outdoor surroundings, providing children with an unique, outdoor environment, which no other provider in the Windsor and the surrounding area can be proud of.
- We have been practicing the Montessori method of teaching in the last 40 years in the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead.
- All our teachers are Montessori Qualified and experienced.
- The manager is a Montessori qualified teacher with an early years degree, specializing in 0 to 3 years. She has 47 years of experience. She started the Windsor Montessori School in 1980, and the Windsor Montessori House of Children in 2015. She still supports both settings. Apart from her managerial duties, she actively supports all the children and takes part in all classroom duties.
- The two deputy managers are qualified Montessori teachers with years of experience.
- All staff are permanent staff and not agency or shift workers.Their working experience within the settings varies between 16 years to a year.
- All our teachers are First Aid trained.
- All staff are given training on Safe Guarding and Child Protection.
- All staff are committed for further training as required.
- Our extra curricular activities are appropriate for each age group of children and conducted by outside professionals, who are qualified in their specialised field.
What is new for the future.
- We are planning to introduce swimming lessons for our children.