Importance of early years: birth to three and beyond
Montessori Early Years Education programmes support a child’s different stages of learning and development. A series of learning passages in an uninterrupted continuum. With this in mind our Montessori classrooms are divided into multi-age classrooms. Each environment reflecting the natural learning characteristics of the child at different stages of their early years development.
A child between birth and 3 years rapidly acquires everything he/she needs to function in his/her later life. Though this has a natural process of unfolding, the environment we provide plays a crucial and a significant aid to this natural process, in aiding, to build a solid foundation, for his/her next stage of development.
- The Nido (Nest) birth to 18 months
- Community Room 18 months to 2.5 years
- Primary Classroom 2.5 years to 5 years
Both our Windsor Montessori Schools have created these stimulating prepared environments, inside and out, in beautiful spacious buildings, with beautiful surroundings in Windsor, to support your child in his/her life long learning.
The three prepared environments we provide in our nursery are an ‘aid to life’ which supports babies, toddlers and young children in:
- Movement: “Help me to move by myself”
- Communication: “Help me to communicate with you”
- Independence: “Help me to do it by myself”
- Self-discipline: “Help me to be responsible for myself”